ROD WISHART – Bowls WA Hall of Fame inductee #40
This year we are very pleased to welcome Bowls WA’s 40th Hall of Fame inductee in Rod Wishart.
The nomination moved by Life Member Trevor Barron and Seconded by Hall of Fame member John Rainoldi is testament to the significance of Rod’s involvement with Western Australian and Australian bowls for almost 30 years. His nomination was recommended by Hall of Fame Committee members Beryl Godfrey, Steve Srhoy and Association President Kerry Andersen and unanimously supported by the Board of Directors.
The Association looks forward to Rod’s induction at the Bowls WA Awards Night on the 24th May, where he will be represented by his son Graeme, the Association Games Record holder for WA.
Rod’s career includes:
- Bowls WA Life Member 2011
- Bowls WA President 1984 – 1986
- Australian Selector 1984 – 1986
- Commonwealth Games Manager – Edinburgh 1986
- Western Australian Selector 1981 – 2002 and 2005 – 2007
- During this period Western Australia won the Alley Shield eight times and were runners up on a further five occasions
- The Player of the Interstate Series (men) is named after Allan Eddy and Rod Wishart
- Life Membership of Victoria Park and Kalamunda Bowling Clubs.