Metropolitan and Bowls WA Conditions of Play 2019-20
The following documents below outline the rules regarding the various Bowls WA Metropolitan Pennant Competitions and Events. These are also included in the Bowls WA Officials Handbook.
Bowls WA Rules and Metropolitan Pennant Documents
- Bowls WA Field of Play Rules
- Bowls WA General Conditions
- Men’s Saturday and Midweek Conditions of Play
- Women’s Tuesday and Saturday Conditions of Play
- Women’s Friday Night Conditions of Play
For queries regarding Rules please contact the Competition Manager Pieter Harris email@example.com or (08) 9340 0801.
Given the changes to the Midweek Pennant Format below are the relevant sections for that competition extracted from the Conditions of Play
- MIDWEEK (Thursday) FORMAT
- A Sides competition with four (4) players in each team.
- Two (2) bowls per player.
- Two (2) x Nine (9) ends sets with a three (3) end tiebreak (shots count) if required.
- All ends must be completed in both sets even if the losing side cannot win the set
- No dead ends with the Jack placed on the “T” to complete the end
- The winner of the first set must roll the jack to begin the second set
- Teams will toss for the mat to begin the tiebreak
- The Tiebreak is to determine a winning rink only.
- If scores are equal after the tiebreak is completed extra ends will continue to be played until a rink winner is determined.
- The Tiebreak is not considered a set and no set points will be awarded and shots gained will not be included if percentage or shots up is required at the end of season to determine final ladder positions
- The Fixtures will be scheduled as a home and away competition.
- DETERMINING A MIDWEEK PENNANT RINK WINNER FOR EACH FIXTURE DURING THE HOME AND AWAY SEASON
(i) Rink winners are determined by number of sets won
(ii) If Sets won are equal, a three-end tiebreak shall be played to determine the rink winner
(iii) There cannot be a drawn rink, if the score is equal after the tiebreak another end shall be played to determine the rink winner. Teams are required to toss for the mat again.
No alterations will be permitted without the prior written consent of Bowls WA.
- CONSTITUTED GAME
3.1 3 Teams a Side
(i) 42 completed ends must be played to constitute a game.
3.2 2 Teams a Side
(i) 28 completed ends must be played to constitute a game.
If the required ends are not completed the game shall be abandoned as outlined in the Metropolitan Pennant Competition General Conditions.
- MIDWEEK (Thursday) STARTING TIME and OPEN ROLL UP PERIOD
- The starting time of pennant games shall be 1.15pm.
- Host Club Greens must be available at 12.30pm to allow both Home and Visiting Players the opportunity to roll up until pennant start time.
- LATE APPEARANCE
- Metropolitan Pennant Competition General Conditions.
Refer Laws of the Sport of Bowls Domestic Regulations.
- MIDWEEK (Thursday) SCORING
Points shall be awarded as follows:
|3 Teams a Side||2 Teams a Side|
|Maximum||12 points||Maximum||8 points|
|For a Set win||1 point||For a Set win||1 point|
|For a Set tie||½ point||For a Set tie||½ point|
|For a rink win||2 points||For a rink win||2 points|