Phase 3 restrictions announcement
Updated 5th June 9.00am
Bowls WA would like to thank clubs who have continued to follow the state government and health advice given during this period of COVID-19 affected restrictions.
As announced by the State Premier last Friday WA is now moving to Phase 3 of Restrictions which apply from Saturday June 6th. These changes will allow our clubs to return to almost normal operations however it is important that clubs continue to observe the rules and guidelines;
- Each venue must have a COVID Safety Plan that has been developed in consultation with its local government or land manager. Licensed clubs should complete an updated Phase 3 COVID Safety Plan and display the certificate.
- Bar Staff need to have completed the COVID-19 Hygiene Course.
- Bowling clubs which are not licensed such as those under the umbrella of a sports or country club should complete an updated Sport and Recreation Phase 3 COVID Safety Plan and display the certificate.
- Hand Sanitizer be made available for staff/members.
- Service of alcohol and food – alcohol can now be served without a meal. Patrons are able to order and purchase alcohol and/or food from the bar area to take back to a seated area for consumption. Patrons must be seated for consumption at all times.
- Carefully manage shared spaces (including service areas) to ensure physical distancing.
- Maintain a strict minimum of 2 square metres per person.
- A maximum of 100 patrons/players is permitted in each separately designated area, (including greens) to a total maximum of 300.
- Shared equipment is now allowed provided it is cleaned between use.
- Members should continue to practise social distancing 1.5m and good hygiene at all times.
Please also consult with your local government council for further advice and compliance within your area.
Clubs who require assistance are reminded to contact their Regional Bowls Manager or Bowls WA.