MEN’S AND WOMEN’S OPEN TEAM
The Men’s team and Women’s team primary competition is the Australian National Sides Championship which sees all the States and Territories take on one another.
The Open Team Selectors will select a Squad or Team of players for upcoming National Side Series and other competitions as required by using the selection criteria within the High Performance and Talent Development Policy as the basis for selection.
The following criteria will be used to select players:
- Commitment to the Bowls WA High Performance and Talent Development philosophy
- Consideration will be given to bowling ability, technique, concentration, consistency, temperament, behaviour, ambition and team spirit.
- Achievements at pennant level, State and Master’s events, Metropolitan and Country events and Australian& International events.
- Players personal image and compatibility as well as what he/she portrays as a member of a pennant side or state side.
- A commitment to improvement and professionalism both on and off the green
The Selectors have the discretion to interpret these criteria and apply them in their best judgement. It is recognised that selection in bowls is very subjective and accordingly the Selectors have an overriding discretion in the selection of players.
The Selectors may add or drop players from the Squads as appropriate