To support identified talented athletes to reach their potential through high performance pathways and programs delivered in Western Australia
- To instill a High Performance attitude in players who are relatively new to the sport and are committed to play at the highest level
- To allow players who wish to improve, a surrounding free from negative attitudes
- To show the Department of Sport and Recreation and Australian Selectors that Bowls WA is serious about winning National Championships and giving individual players the opportunity to push for National selection
- To have a fluid coached squad in Western Australia 12 months of the year
- To provide an opportunity for sponsors to support an active 12 month of the year squad
WA Aero Bowls Academy Player Selection Panel
The Bowls WA Academy Head Coach, the Bowls WA Academy Assistant Coach and the Bowls Australia appointed National Training Centre Coach will select the athletes to be invited to take part in the Bowls WA Academy.
Bowlers may wish to express their interest in the Academy by completing an application form.
Selection to the WA Bowls Academy
Priority selection will be given to bowlers who have the potential to represent Western Australia within three years.
This will include but not limited to players coming out of Under 18 squads, Country Enhancement Weekends, State Novice Championships and Major events in Western Australia.
- A player’s ability to commit and desire to play at a high level shall be a major selection consideration
- A player would be able to spend a maximum of two years in the academy
- Squad numbers should not exceed 24, so that quality coaching and attention to the players needs is ensured
- Players to be reviewed and evaluated every six months by the Bowls WA Academy Coaches
|Saffronne Alden ||Manning|
|Robin Higgins||Osborne Park|
|Jenni McLaughlin||North Beach|
|Shane Smith||Quinns Rock|
|Julieanne Summers||Belmont City|