Skip to Content
The Seven Cycles of Volunteer Management
- Recruitment – The process of identifying the tasks/roles and number of volunteers required, who does the task/job now and when will it finish.
- Place – The process of promoting the tasks to be completed, attracting volunteers to do the tasks, screening volunteer’s suitability to perform the task, selecting and appointing volunteers to roles.
- Induct – The process of welcoming volunteers to the organisation, informing volunteers of organisational policies and procedures, establishing preferred communication methods.
- Train – Educating volunteers on specific information for the role, and additional learning and development opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Supervise – The process of monitoring and providing feedback to the volunteer on performance in achieving the tasks.
- Recognise – The process of acknowledging a volunteer’s contribution.
- Replace – The process of fulfilling vacated positions and the importance of succession planning.