The Bowls WA Fixtures and Events Committee are very appreciative of all Bowling Clubs that are willing to make their facilities available to host Bowls WA Events and therefore supporting all players who wish to enter and compete in these events.
Selection of venues is a combination of the ability of a club to provide the appropriate administration and officials support as well as providing players with the level of greens and catering expected at a WA State Event.
Bowls WA encourages all Bowling Clubs to consider expressing an interest in hosting Bowls WA Events whether they have grass or artificial surfaces.
To be considered to host events, clubs must be able to provide the following:
- Availability of Club Match Committee Members to run the event on behalf of Bowls WA
- Availability of suitably qualified Umpires to officiate at the event
- Provide lunches at a reasonable cost to players at a price set by the club
- Tea and Coffee facilities before play
- Phone/fax/email facilities to send scores at the end of each round to the Bowls WA Office
- Greens at an appropriate standard for State Events
Timelines and Procedures for Venue Selection
- All Expression of Interest forms will contain the previously mentioned requirements regarding hosting events as well as requiring a club contact name and mobile number as well as the number of greens available.
- Clubs are required to complete the form and return to Bowls WA by the closing date indicated on the form.
- At the time the event draw is conducted and the number of greens required for the event is known, the members of the Bowls WA Fixtures and Events Committee will consider all Expression of Interest forms.
- Clubs will be evaluated on all information provided on the Expression of Interest form with particular consideration being the standard of greens at that particular time of year.
- Location of the Club to major roads will be taken into account when selecting finals venues. However it will not be a major influence if the club is the preferred option after previous requirements are taken into account.