Associations Incorporation Act 2015
INC. A Guide for Incorporated Associations in Western Australia is a comprehensive good governance guide for not-for-profit associations and clubs that:
- Provides up-to-date information on the process of incorporation in Western Australia and highlights key legal requirements for the management of an association under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015;
- Introduces various aspects of managing an association, including conducting meetings, keeping records, employing staff and engaging volunteers; and
- Includes links to other sources of relevant information.
You can download the guide here .
The model rules are a standard set of rules that have been developed for use by associations who do not wish to develop their own rules. These rules meet all the requirements of the Act and provide a suitable governance framework for an incorporated association.
If your club chooses to use the model rules the only details you need to provide are:
- the name of the association;
- the objects of the association;
- the quorums for general meetings and committee meetings; and
- the association’s financial year.
It is not compulsory for an association to use the model rules. If you association decides to develop its own rules you may still wish to use the model rules as a guide. An association preparing its own rules should also refer to the rules checklist.
Remember that if your association makes a change the model rules (other than the items above), no matter how minor, the association is then considered to be using its own rules.