The High Performance and Coaching Committee (the committee) is one of four operational committees of Bowls WA and is responsible for all matters pertaining to the representative teams of Bowls WA, including Under 18’s, Open Teams and Over 60s. In addition the committee will be responsible for the delivery of Coach Education in all its forms throughout Western Australia.
High Performance & Coaching Committee 2018/19
- Tony Hockey
- Therese Hastings
- Roger Barns
- Helen Stevens
- Ken Perks
- Ken Pride (Staff)
- Denise McMillan (Staff)
The committee will be comprised of the following:
- The State Men’s Coach
- The State Women’s Coach
- Chairman of State Selectors (Men)
- Chairman of State Selectors (Women)
- A representative for the State Over 60s
- A representative for the State Under 18’s
The Committee is responsible for:
1. Coordinating and conducting all activities that pertain to the Bowls WA representative sides, including but not limited to:
- Squad and team selection (as per the relevant policy),
- Training/coaching sessions as required,
- Adherence both personally and of the squad/team to the relevant Code of Conduct,
2. Coordinating and conducting all requests for coaching clinics in Western Australia via the development of a pool of qualified coaches throughout the State,
3. The continual improvement in both coaching numbers and quality of coaches throughout Western Australia,
4. Responding to all communications in a professional and timely manner.
5. With the Chief Executive Officer, developing the annual budget for the committee.
6. Liaising with other Bowls WA committees on overlapping issues.
7. Forwarding minutes of its meetings to the designated staff member.
8. Upholding the objects of and the Constitution of Bowls WA.