The High Performance and Coaching Committee (the committee) is one of four operational committees of Bowls WA and is responsible for all matters pertaining to the representative teams of Bowls WA, including Under 18’s, Open Teams and Over 60s. In addition the committee will be responsible for the delivery of Coach Education in all its forms throughout Western Australia.
High Performance 2021/22
- Kerry Andersen (chair)
- Tony Hockey
- Therese Hastings
- Peter Barnett
- Blake Butler
- Linda Warburton
- Pieter Harris & Denise McMillan (Staff)
The committee will be comprised of the following:
• BWA Talent Identification Co-ordinator (staff member)
• BWA Inclusive Practices and High Performance (staff member)
• BWA Coach Education Co-ordinator
• State Selection Panel Chairperson
• The State Men’s Coach
• The State Women’s Coach
• The State Under 18’s Coach
• The BWA Academy Coach
• Representative from the BWA Umpires Committee
• Country Representative
The Committee is responsible for:
1. Coordinating and conducting all activities that pertain to the Bowls WA representative sides, including but not limited to:
- Squad and team selection (as per the relevant policy),
- Training/coaching sessions as required,
- Adherence both personally and of the squad/team to the relevant Code of Conduct,
2. Coordinating and conducting all requests for coaching clinics in Western Australia via the development of a pool of qualified coaches throughout the State,
3. The continual improvement in both coaching numbers and quality of coaches throughout Western Australia,
4. Responding to all communications in a professional and timely manner.
5. With the Chief Executive Officer, developing the annual budget for the committee.
6. Liaising with other Bowls WA committees on overlapping issues.
7. Forwarding minutes of its meetings to the designated staff member.
8. Upholding the objects of and the Constitution of Bowls WA.