Governance is defined as the overall guidance, direction, oversight and stewardship of the club. This outlines the roles and responsibilities of the Committee / Board and its members in carrying out their elected duties.
- A well run organisation is attractive to new members
- Good governance supports growth and development
- Funding agencies, potential sponsors and government look favourably to well managed organisations
- Good governance reduces the risks.
DSR Workshop Series – How to Run Your Club
The material in these documents covers the following learning outcomes;
- The key roles, responsibilities of a board/committee member (importance of chair/club president)
- Understanding the ‘constitution’ and how it can assist operations
- How to develop policies and procedures to guide club operations
- How to recruit and retain committee members
- How to conduct efficient and effective meetings