The Department develops and implements government policy and initiatives in sport and recreation, while contributing to the healthy lifestyle of Western Australians by increasing physical activity through sport and recreation and providing assistance and advice to:
- Local communities
- The sports industry, organisations and clubs
- Other government departments.
To enhance the quality of life of Western Australians through their participation and achievement in sport and recreation.
- Getting more Western Australians active
- Supporting achievement
- Creating great places to be active
- Building capacity of service providers.
What We Do
- Provide industry leadership and coordination for sport and recreation services statewide.
- Establish partnerships within the industry, across government and with other stakeholders.
- Involve clients in all aspects of service planning and delivery.
- Provide consultancy services and resource support to individuals, organisations and community groups delivering sport and recreation.