Inaugural Club Information Conference
Bowls WA is proud to announce our inaugural Club Information Conference at Trinity on Hampton, 230 Hampton Rd Crawley on Tuesday 3rd March 2020.
All Metropolitan and Country Clubs are invited to send club representatives to engage with experts on essential topics for your club’s future.
The deadline for nominations have been extended to February 21st 2020.
Bowls WA welcomes individual club members to attend sessions around ground keeping as a volunteer and also coaching and umpiring. Furthers details on both these sessions and how to register available below
The following pages includes the programme of presentations, a brief rundown on who is presenting and what the presentations will cover and finally a form to complete and return once you have chosen what presentations your club would like to send representatives to.
• Have you been looking at getting new bowling green lights or maybe a roof structure over a green or maybe a new or replacement synthetic green?
• Does your greenkeeper or volunteers need guidance on chemicals and fertilizers that Nuturf can provide assistance with?
• Have you considered hiring an apprentice but do not know how to go about it or what government funding is available?
• Maybe Liquor Licensing, Planning and Governance, Grants and Sponsorship or Social Media as a marketing tool is the information you require.
• And of course, coaching and umpiring are essential topics for your current club or even future Umpires and Coaches to develop their skills.
The Club Information Conference will put you in front of those experts that can answer your questions as they not only give a 45-minute presentation but will also be available for one on one contact in our display room. In total 18 different sessions will be held on the day.
So how will this Club Information Conference work?
Your first stop is the programme showing three presentations in each timeslot, beginning with an opening address at 12.00pm and then presentations starting at 12.30pm through to last presentations beginning at 4.50pm. Your club has the opportunity to send a maximum number of 2 members to each of the presentations for just $5 per presentation.
This does not mean the same members have to go to every topic throughout the day. We expect club members to come and go all afternoon with some coming for just one presentation and then different members coming for a later presentation.
E.g. You may send your Greens Chair and greenkeeper to the Nuturf presentation and a different club committee member to the apprenticeship presentation, a different committee member to bowling green shade structures, a match committee member to bowls link, your club coach to the advance coach presentation and an umpire to an umpire presentation. The choice is yours but due to current number restrictions, attendees must be nominated by their club.